Saturday, June 20, 2009

Job 42:10


Job 42:10 "The Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends"


This was todays reading in My Utmost for His highest, by Oswald Chambers. i've been reading it for years, over and over on and off....


Sometimes i get caught up in missing my friends who are away. instead of lifting them up in prayer.
couple of weeks ago we got takeout ( for those of you who don't know what that means for us, it is from the closest town with chinese, a 20 minute flight away) anyway my cookie said something along the lines of seeking advise from longtime friendships, Lucretia pointed out to me that can mean new friends intended to be long term, not necessarily ones i have had a long time. Again i was guilty of dweling in the past. i know from experience i have close friends that remain close and dear to my heart no matter the time in between visits, talks, or communicating.
a call i received today(here in alaska) reminded me of this. Shanon stopped by the house(maine one) to barrow something and called us from there... it was great.

So i will be more faithful to lift all my friends up in prayer to the Lord, who delights me daily with relationships He provides me with. I am truely blessed with great friends!


I am putting a cry out there to you though, to send me photos of you and your familys. i would like that.

No comments: